Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa Burritos

This is a combination of ideas from the internet and my own to try to duplicate Cafe Rio's. This recipe makes at least 8 servings.

Pork
4 lb. pork shoulder roast
1/2 c. water
16 oz. coke (I used caffeine free)
14 oz. enchilada sauce
1 can diced green chiles

Green Chile Rice and Black Beans
3 c. water
1.5 c. uncooked rice
1 bottle green taco sauce
1 14.5 oz. can black beans

I slow cooked the pork roast in the water on low for 8 hours, shredded the pork, added the other ingredients, and cooked another hour. For the rice I simply cooked it and added the taco sauce and black beans. Delicious. I tried to make homemade tortillas too, but that didn't turn out so well. I think I need a tortilla press to do that right. Anyway, I hope you Cafe Rio lovers out there enjoy!

1 comment:

Alyssa Whitney said...

Don't forget the 1 cup of Brown Sugar in the pork!