Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lazy Lasagne

This is a vegetarian lasagne. It is perfect for this time of year where the vegetables are all in season and you don't really want a heavy, comfor meal, but a lighter version of a tasty staple. I love thewebsite www.thepioneerwomancooks.com because she shows pictures of each step and ingredient, that is why I copied her idea! Obviously my photos are much worse, and I lack her humor, but here we go! It is worth a try!

Ingredients: 1 Yellow Squash
1 Zucchini
2-3 Broccoli Bunches
2-3 Cauliflower bunches (by bunches I mean sections of the whole head, not 3 head's of caul)
1 large container of Ragu: Traditional Style (you can use Prego if you must)
1 large container of cottage cheese
Well, we need to construct each layer of the lasagne by preparing the layers! So, first you chop the veggies in any sort of way you'd like. You can add diffrernt veggies if you'd like but I will warn you I can't promise a positive outcome. Once I added carrots, and was sorry I did! It took away from the squash and zucchini flavor!




After cleaning your chopped veggies, you are ready to rock, and also ready to move onto the next step:


Now it is time to make your sauce. I keep it easy with the cottage cheese and Ragu. You can use whatever you want, but to me, these two items make the taste exactly what I love. I love the flavor. Even if it isn't neccesarily "gourmet."


This is what the consistency should look like, orangy, but not too light!


Get out your no cook noodles to layer...obviously you can use the cooked kind of noodles, but I just find these to be loads easier!


Now it is time to layer your lasagne! This is what the layering will look like. You first add a cup of the sauce mixture at the bottom and then follow it with your noodles. Break up the noodles to fit your particular pan. Then add your veggies, and top it off with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat as many times as fills your pan. For the last layer, make sure to add an extra layer of sauce on top of your noodles, so they will get nice and cooked. Then follow with the veggies and cheese to top it off.
I am sorry I forgot to take a picture of the end product, but cook it at 375 for 50 minutes and it should be all bubbly and the cheese browned slightly.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments: